Chapka insurance working holiday certificate
When you subscribe, you will receive the Chapka insurance working holiday certificate. This is signed and stamped by Chapka. This certificate must be presented to the authorities when crossing the border or in case of a claim.
You will also receive your assistance card and these contract documents will be issued to you in English, French, and Spanish:
How to get a working holiday insurance certificate?
Since the pandemic, dozens of countries require proof of PVT insurance to cross their borders.
If you do not present this certificate, the authorities of the country can send you back to your country of origin, without any further explanation.
To avoid this situation, you will need to present a Chapka PVT insurance certificate. You can subscribe to the Cap Working Holiday package with a special readers’ discount:
In September 2022, get a 5% discount on Chapka Working Holiday insurance.
Click here: Activate Promo Code
- You are redirected to the official Chapka website
- Fill in the form. Do not fill in the promo code, as it will be automatically applied.
- Click on “Get a quote”
- The discount is applied, and you get this message : “Your discount has been applied”.
Chapka insurance working holiday benefits
The guarantees offered by Chapka PVT insurance are those of a cover specially designed for a working holiday program:
- Full and unlimited medical coverage in case of accident or unforeseeable illness (such as Covid-19)
- 24/7 medical teleconsultation (new)
- Early return: if a member of your family is hospitalized or dies during your stay, Chapka covers the airfare.
- Coverage in case of theft or damage to your luggage
- Insured worldwide: you are covered in the country where you are in PVT and if you go on holiday in another country (90 days max).
- Payment in 3 instalments from €150.
Chapka working holiday insurance coverage
Chapka Working Holiday
If you are going on a working holiday programme (WHP), this is the right option. The Chapka working holiday insurance certificate will be sent to you when you subscribe.
You are covered for :
- Medical and hospitalization costs (including PCR tests) in the event of Covid-19 at destination, as well as medical repatriation, recommended by the assistance centre.
- Extension of stay if I am ill with Covid-19 at destination.
- Early return in case of hospitalization due to serious illness or death related to Covid-19 of a family member in your country of residence
You are not covered for :
- Quarantine at destination.
- Repatriation, if you are stranded at your destination due to a general lockdown (closed borders or airports, no transport).
- Coverage of a mandatory PCR test to get to your destination
100% medical and hospitalization costs
The real advantage of the Chapka PVT insurance is that medical expenses are insured at 100%, unlimited and without deductible. This means that your health expenses are only covered in the event of a sudden, unforeseen illness or accident.
- Reimbursement of medical expenses in case of Covid-19
- Repatriation assistance guarantee
- Original and certified Chapka Covid-19 insurance certificate
- Civil liability coverage
- Coverage of your luggage during transport and stay
24-hour repatriation assistance
Chapka insurance provides 100% repatriation at actual cost. If the doctor requests repatriation for medical treatment, then repatriation is fully insured.
Presence of a relative in case of hospitalization
If you are hospitalized in your country of expatriation, Chapka insurance offers one of your relatives a return ticket as well as the cost of the hotel.
In the event of serious hospitalization or the death of a relative, you can benefit from an early return, at the actual cost of the journey.
Luggage theft insurance
With Chapka PVT insurance, your luggage is insured against theft, damage up to €2,000 (including during transport).
Civil liability for rental
You are covered up to €100,000 with Chapka insurance. If you cause damage to the property you are renting.
Search and rescue costs
Search and rescue costs at sea and in the mountains are reimbursed up to €5,000 (upon presentation of an invoice) with the Chapka insurance package.
Chapka insurance working holiday rates
Here are the rates for Chapka working holiday insurance depending on the length of stay:
EIC France / Canada / Internship Co-op / JP Program Rates
Chapka Working Holiday France
This insurance is for travellers with a working holiday visa in France and whose country of residence is (the two criteria are imperative) :
- New Zealand,
- South Korea,
- Hong Kong,
Conditions for taking out Chapka insurance
You must be European and hold a Working Holiday Visa (WHV).
Chapka insurance is intended for holders of a Working Holiday visa for :
- New Zealand,
- Hong Kong
- South Korea.
This contract is also intended for holders of :
- bridging visa
- visa subclass 416, 417, 462
- young professional visa
For J1 visa holders in the US, the Cap Student insurance should be chosen, as the Cap Working Holiday option is not appropriate.
My opinion on Chapka insurance
In my opinion, Chapka insurance is a necessary and recommended option if you are going on a working holiday programme.
Of course, you don’t expect to have to use your travel insurance. However, it can be useful to know what to do in the event of a claim.
Is Chapka working holiday insurance necessary?
If you go without travel insurance, you will have to pay out of pocket for treatment. To give you an idea, appendicitis surgery costs €44,060 in the United States and flu costs €24,120 in Canada. So, it’s easy to see why travel insurance is useful.
If you want to pay less for your insurance, refer to the list of Chapka insurance promo code currently available.
Getting reimbursed by Chapka insurance
It is rather simple and, above all, unbureaucratic.
Only print out the online form on the Chapka insurance website. Then go to the doctor or hospital and present it to be fully insured.
All insurers require this document signed by doctors to trigger reimbursement of costs. If you cannot print documents on the spot, keep the supporting documents: medical report, certificate, detailed invoice, etc.).
Then send all the documents back to Chapka and the fee will be refunded.
Some common situations are
- 24-hour hospitalization: you must advance the costs incurred and keep all receipts for medical and hospital expenses. You must also keep all the invoices for medication to send them to the insurer later for reimbursement.
- Hospitalization of more than 24 hours: you will have to contact the insurer so that it can contact the hospital where you are being treated at the end of the world. This way, there is no need to make an advance payment for medical expenses.
- Luggage theft: the insurer must be contacted within five days. The time limit may vary depending on the loss suffered.
It remains for me to wish you an excellent working holiday and beautiful memories to bring back!