NordVPN guarantees a secure connection to all those wanting to change their IP address to different locations around the world, and even helps you save money, so I thought I’d make a NordVPN review to talk you through it!
Personally, I’ve already saved around €230 on airline tickets alone! Not to mention the benefits while using streaming services, such as Netflix and Spotify, which can have a cheaper price or a diversified catalogue of offers depending on your location.
So, let’s get into it!
What is NordVPN?
Are you out and about and need to make an urgent bank transfer? Do you want to shop online using an unprotected Wi-Fi network? With NordVPN, you can do this without fear of infringements on your personal privacy.
When using a VPN, the data produced by your connection is encrypted. This means that any information will remain private, even on public networks.
NordVPN is one of the most sought-after VPN services on the market, with a presence in 59 countries and a network of more than 5,000 servers.
There are many options available on the market today, but this virtual private network stands out for its speed and browsing quality. Currently, the service offers several types of plans and prices, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
How does NordVPN work?
The VPN works like a tunnel: when activated, data is passed on securely, and encrypted. No one will be able to access the information you navigate in this tunnel.
✅ Here are five advantages of NordVPN:
- Ease of use: the platform is intuitive and works on the most popular operating systems, such as Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. It also works on extensions for Chrome and Firefox. It can protect up to 6 devices at the same time.
- Malware blocking: the service’s advanced technology blocks suspicious websites, preventing your device from becoming infected with viruses.
- Access from anywhere: Want to browse streaming sites, instant messaging apps, or social networking platforms? Choose any of their servers to securely access your favourite content.
- Speed: it has an optimised network of servers to guarantee efficiency and speed.
- Support: Having problems? Support and customer service works via online chat or email 24/7.
If you want to learn more about how NordVPN protects the personal information of its users, click here
To access the platform’s services, just follow these steps:
- Download the NordVPN application on any of the available operating systems.
- Choose the plan that suits you best. There are several packages with varying prices for each.
- Open the application and select the IP location address you desire. Click on the “Quick Connect” function and the software will automatically direct your online traffic to the server you selected.
If you prefer or need to use a different server in a specific location, simply choose manually from the list of available countries.
In the tab on the left side, you’ll see the list of countries to which you can connect. It’s that easy!
Advantages of NordVPN
When it comes to online security and data protection, these functions have previously led to slow and overloaded systems. This is because when information needs to be encrypted and protected, it consumes more bandwidth, which leads to slower speed.
In addition, the further away you are from your server, the more likely your Internet speed will be compromised. In this sense, any VPN will reduce your browsing speed to some degree.
With NordVPN, however, the speed really stands out, as it offers excellent connection speeds.
This is because they constantly optimise and update their network of servers, and thus, managing to maintain and protect their robust online infrastructure, making it one of the most powerful in the world.
“No interruptions, no data flow control, and no bandwidth limitations”.
💻 Streaming: access to global content
Another feature worth mentioning is the benefits it provides when using streaming platforms.
Through this VPN, you can access your favourite streaming programmes from anywhere in the world. Just think how great it would be to enjoy your regular Netflix package, no matter where you travel to.
There is also a SmartPlay feature, which allows you to access your favourite streaming services from anywhere without any additional steps, with all the security and protection that the VPN already offers.
You can enjoy your streams without slowing down your connection speed, as the network has over 5,000 servers worldwide.
The NordVPN discount
In February 2024, NordVPN is offering a 67% discount to our readers.
Click here: Activate Discount Coupon to take advantage of this offer.
This is clearly a fantastic offer, but there are actually more ways in which you can save money by using a VPN!
How to save money using a VPN
Since NordVPN uses servers in a variety of countries, it allows you to take advantage of more affordable prices for different services and products, such as airline tickets.
I always get great deals using my VPN. Here’s an example!
When I was planning my trip to Thailand, I used NordVPN to change my location to a Turkish IP address.
This simple manoeuvre allowed me to see much cheaper prices than I would in Europe, and I was able to get a big discount on tickets! Note that India, Thailand, Malaysia, and Mexico are some other examples of countries in which you will find cheaper flights.
Here’s another example: if you live in the UK, you can use your VPN to switch your location to Brazil, and then pay for your streaming subscriptions. Then, instead of paying in euros for Netflix or Spotify, the charge is in reais, so it works out much cheaper.
By reading through some NordVPN reviews, it is clear that this VPN is one of the most popular services in its field. Thanks to the effort they put into optimising their platform, users are typically very happy with it.
On the Trustpilot review forum, NordVPN has a 4.2 star rating, a great score based on over 29,000 reviews.
The majority of the comments mention the positive aspects we have already evaluated in this article, such as speed and connection stability.
Several users praise the security provided by the service when conducting banking transactions and confidential operations, which they would otherwise not be able to do on public networks.
My NordVPN review
As seen in this NordVPN review, our cyberspace is full of malicious actors and hackers, who are waiting for any carelessness to steal your data or access your accounts and devices.
To avoid this and protect yourself while on public networks, or any other network you don’t trust, the best solution is to use a VPN.
I had many concerns about cybersafety, so I started using different VPNs, until I came across NordVPN and found it to be very effective, with the best cost-benefit ratio on the market.
If you are not totally convinced by this NordVPN review, I still suggest you try the one-month free trial: if you are not satisfied, you won’t lose your money; if you are satisfied, you won’t look back!
NordVPN Discount and Promotions
- ✅ Free trial
You can test NordVPN for 30 days without paying. If you wish to cancel, contact customer service before the end of the period and they will arrange a refund.
- 🎉 NordVPN Discount code
There are several plans with different prices on the platform, depending on how long you have your subscription for. You can even make the most of an exclusive 67% discount for the 2-year plan.
It’s a worthwhile investment considering all the resources available, especially for those who don’t want to miss out on products and services not available in your location. It is undoubtedly one of the most affordable VPNs on the market.
There are three service plans to choose from:
- 1 month subscription: 10.16€ /month
- 1 year subscription: 4.18€ /month
- 2 year subscription: 3.15€ /month (PROMO)
For the PROMO plan, with all that it includes, you pay only 3.15€ per month.
If you are not interested in this plan, or you want to try a short-term plan, you can sign up for the one-year plan, which includes a 58% discount. Therefore, each month would cost €4.18 per month.
Finally, you can purchase the monthly plan, which does not offer any discount. With this tariff, the cost each month will be €10.16.
After choosing the plan you want, you will have several resources at your disposal.
Below, we’ve highlighted some of these resources and covered the benefits of each of them:
- Secure Internet: you and all your online data will be protected by an encryption barrier.
- Ultra-fast connection: you can combine protection and speed, you don’t have to choose between one or the other!
- No logging policy: your online data is private, it will not be monitored or collected, so you have maximum privacy.
- Streaming: you can access your favourite streaming services wherever you want, smoothly and quickly.
- Dedicated IP: with a dedicated IP, your movements online will be free of risks and blocks. For example, it allows you to securely access corporate remote access servers if they are on the list of authorised IP addresses.
- Always-on protection: this is an automatic kill switch, which disconnects all applications when the VPN connection goes down. You can also make this button flexible for specific programs. It serves as another security measure.
- Multi-device: it is possible to use a single account for up to 6 devices.
- Dedicated servers: you can find P2P (peer to peer) servers for hassle-free file sharing.
- Additional layers of protection: connect to the Onion Router if you need extra protection. If you work with sensitive data or travel to a country with limited freedom of expression, this is an excellent resource.
- 24-hour support: customer service available at any time of the day.
Other VPN platforms
If you’ve made it this far, you already understand the importance of data privacy and identity security in the online environment. Today, the VPN market has several providers in addition to the one we have been evaluating.
Here’s a comparative table showing some of the main VPN services available.
We’ve covered four of the main platforms (NordVPN, ExpressVPN, CyberGhot, ProtonVPN) and how they stand with respect to the most important features of a VPN.
Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, AndroidTV, Chrome, Firefox
Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, AndroidTV, AppleTV, Playstation, Chrome, Firefox
Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, AndroidTV, AppleTV, AmazonTV, Playstation, Chrome, Firefox
Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS
Windows, Mac, Android, FireOS, tvOS, iOS, Linux, Chrome, Firefox
What is a VPN?
As we’ve seen in this NordVPN review, VPN or Virtual Private Networks provide an anonymous and secure connection to the Internet, keeping your information safe. They also provide access to the Internet without geo-blocking.
For example, if you visit a country on another continent, you will still have access to your home country’s programmes and streaming services through the VPN.
This means you can keep your Netflix series up to date, so you can relax and watch an episode after a long day of sightseeing.
But the benefits of VPN go far beyond removing geo-blocking. Data security and online identity protection are another important benefit. If you frequently connect to public networks, you need to use a strong VPN so that your information is not compromised.
This includes your login credentials to websites, services, and even information as sensitive as your banking details.
Advantages of using a VPN
- 🔐 Security: as I have already mentioned, if you use a VPN, your connection will be secure and your device will be protected on public Wi-Fi networks, and even at home.
- 🕵️♀️ Privacy: since you will be browsing from different countries, you may receive less invasive advertising. That’s because a private network makes your browsing activity confidential.
- 🌎 Exclusive content from other countries: want to watch a series, but it’s only on Netflix in the US? Using a VPN, you can watch it even if you are in the UK, no problem.
- 💸 Save Money: Did you know that airline ticket prices change depending on your location? I’ve made the most of this little travel hack countless times!
Disadvantages of using a VPN
- ⏰ Speed: In some cases, using a VPN can slow down your connection speed. This is especially true for VPN services that don’t have strong servers. Personally, I haven’t noticed much difference while using NordVPN.
- 📊 Selling your behavioural data: At first glance, a free VPN seems like a great option, right? But remember: if you’re not paying for the product, the product is you, or your data. There are free VPN platforms that are likely to sell information about your online behaviour.
Is VPN use legal?
While it may seem like something that might be illegal, VPN use is allowed in virtually all countries. One of the countries where its use is actually prohibited is North Korea.
Even in countries with authoritarian regimes, such as China and Russia, it is possible to use government-approved VPNs. They do this as a way to maintain control of the Internet in their territories, such as the infamous Chinese Firewall.
On the other hand, by using VPN services that have hidden and specialised servers, it is possible to access the internet in China without any issues.
But it is important to be clear about this: it is legal to use a VPN. Moreover, many companies around the world use this technology as part of their security system.
In other words, you can be sure that you are not committing any crime!