Have you ever heard of an online VPN? These days, with our society becoming more and more digitised and immersed in the world that is the internet, it’s a service that is growing in popularity, and for good reason.
In today’s article, we’re taking you into the world of VPNs. What they’re used for, why they’re important, and how VPNs can serve different purposes, and that’s not all!
I’ve prepared a comparison of the 4 most popular VPNs currently on the market with a single objective in mind: to help you find the VPN that is best suited to your needs.
The 4 best VPNs in December 2023
To help you choose a VPN that provides the services you’re looking for, I’ve created a comparative table of the best VPNs available today.
By taking the time to compare different plans, you won’t just get a VPN that meets your needs, but you might get a great deal out of it too!
In this table, which you can see below, I analyse each VPN based on a range of important criteria such as torrents, countries covered, registration policy, and, of course, the price. Find out more here:
Price (1 month)
Discount in December 2023
Activate Discount Now
Activate Discount Now
Get a Quote
Get a Quote
Number of devices
Anonymised server data
Anonymised server data
1. AtlasVPN, the cheapest and best VPN for mobiles
AtlasVPN is one of the newest VPN servers on the market, and it has achieved remarkable growth in recent years. In fact, not only does it stand out for being the cheapest option, but also for having not just one paid subscription, but another free one as well!
It also offers very high download speeds thanks to its WireGuard protocol, making it ideal for playing video games without lag or connection problems.
Advantages of AtlasVPN
- It offers a free version that requires no paid data.
- It’s the cheapest VPN on the market.
- It offers fast speeds thanks to WireGuard.
Disadvantages of AtlasVPN
- There is no browser extension.
- Its application is basic and not very customisable.
In December 2023, get an immediate 70% discount on AtlasVPN
Click here to Activate Promo Code
Once you’ve got your VPN, head over to Skyscanner to find flights at reduced prices!
2. NordVPN, the best and fastest VPN for Add-ONS
NordVPN is one of the most popular VPNs on this list and is undoubtedly the best option in terms of speed. Although it has strong security encryption, this doesn’t affect its speed in any way.
So, you’re ultimately getting high protection and high speed at the same time. What’s more, the VPN service uses diskless servers, which means it does not store any data locally.
Advantages of NordVPN
- It offers exceptional speed over long and short distances.
- It has additional security features, such as MultiHop.
- Its app is very easy to use and offers a real-time chat service 24 hours a day.
Disadvantages of NordVPN
- Does not accept PayPal payments.
- There aren’t many servers in South and Central America.
- Does not work systematically on Fire TV devices.
3. ExpressVPN, best VPN for streaming and gaming
The ExpressVPN provider has been rated by many users as one of the best VPN services for online streaming and gaming. The main reasons for this are its speed, security and high performance on all devices.
In this respect, it is capable of streaming HD visual content without delay, as well as playing games without any lag.
It has 24-hour customer service and offers 3,000 servers that allow P2P traffic and do not track data transfers.
Advantages of ExpressVPN
- It offers AES-256 encryption, diskless servers and no data logging.
- It can be installed on Smart TVs and gaming consoles.
- Its speed is not only fast, but sustained.
Disadvantages of ExpressVPN
- It has no interface with the Linux operating system.
- It is more expensive than other VPN options.
4. Surfshark, the best VPN for unlimited connections and added security
Surfshark stands out as one of the most secure VPNs on the market and offers a host of advanced features such as diskless servers and MultiHop.
It also offers unlimited connections on devices, and excellent value for money. It’s basically the most effective way to avoid content blocking on IP and GPS streaming platforms!
Advantages of Surfshark
- It offers a very cost-effective price for its subscription plan.
- It offers unlimited connections on devices.
- Access to platforms such as HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu, Dazn, BBC iPlayer, and Disney+.
Disadvantages of Surfshark
- Its “NoBorder” mode does not work well in China.
- The emergency stop switch is not activated by default.
What is a VPN?
VPN stands for “Virtual Private Network” and is a tool whose main purpose is to protect your connection when you surf the Internet.
It ensures privacy, security and, above all, anonymity in the online world. How does it do this? By masking IP addresses so that your online activity cannot be traced.
What features do the best VPNs have?
To be considered a good virtual private network, a VPN needs to have a number of features, which we’ve outlined below.
- Security and encryption. For security, you need to check that the VPN has secure protocols such as WireGuard or OpenVPN, as well as AES-256 encryption.
- Server network. The larger the network of server locations, the greater the possibility of connecting to a nearby server, and therefore the greater the speed—an essential feature.
- Compatibility. It is essential that the VPN be compatible with a multitude of devices simultaneously, as well as different operating systems—ideally unlimited.
- Performance and reliability. Performance is closely linked to speed, and if you’re looking for the fastest VPN possible, you need to consider aspects such as bandwidth.
- Killswitch. The Killswitch function protects the user’s real IP address if the connection is interrupted for any reason.
How to use your VPN?
Although at first glance it may seem complicated to start using a VPN, it’s actually a very simple process. The best VPNs offer users intuitive step-by-step guides to make using these tools easier, which I’ll outline below!
- Download the VPN app to your device, whether it’s a mobile, tablet, computer or TV.
- Configure the VPN service by following the instructions prepared for each device and operating system.
- Connect to the VPN server to one of the countries offered.
- Enjoy your privacy and security!
What is a VPN used for?
As you can imagine after reading about the best VPNs, there are many different ways to use a VPN on your tools and devices. Here are some of the most relevant to your daily life. Read on!
- They offer an extra level of security. Many VPNs have an encryption system that protects you against connections to public Wi-Fi networks, for example.
- Teleworking. This is one of the most popular uses, as VPNs allow you to connect to your computer when you’re away from the office. It also ensures the security of company data through encryption.
- Avoid content blocking or censorship. With a VPN, you can access content from a multitude of countries around the world and different streaming platforms that you wouldn’t be able to access from where you live.
Frequently asked questions about VPN
To conclude this article, I will answer the most frequently asked questions about these virtual private networks.
Are VPNs legal?
One of the most frequently asked questions about VPNs concerns their legality. Many users wonder whether it is legal to use them, and where it is legal to use them.
The answer is yes. In the UK, the European Union, the United States and plenty of other countries, the use of these tools is completely legal and the freedom to choose one or the other is absolute.
Are VPNs safe and secure?
As you have read throughout this text, VPNs are safe, legal and accessible to everyone. As long as you choose a trusted provider that provides secure encryption. The VPNs we have mentioned are certainly safe for use.
In this respect, you should check that the VPN company offers full transparency on aspects such as registration, IP masking and pricing.
Are there any free VPNs and are they recommended?
These days, given the wide variety of VPN providers, it’s not uncommon to find free VPNs on the Internet, but they really recommended? Obviously, free VPN plans tend to have fewer functions and features.
As a general rule, they are just as safe and effective as long as the provider is trustworthy and secure, and their use, is tailored to your needs as a user.
Other tips for digital profiles
There’s no doubt that the people who use VPNs the most are those with an open digital profile. Professionals who work remotely or users who use the Internet to make purchases, carry out research from different locations, etc., all have a digital profile.
I hope thoroughly hope you’ve enjoyed reading our guide to the best VPNs in 2023. If you have more questions about which VPN is right for you, just reach out to us!